Pheasant or grouse Soup [makes approx. 4-6 servings]
Pheasant bones, skin and leftover meat OR use whole pheasant
1 bay leaf
1-2 whole cloves
Salt to taste
4-6 cups water or chicken stock (optional)
1/4 cup parsley chopped
3 springs of thyme
1 small onion, chopped
Celery leaves, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2-3 peppercorns, crushed
1/4 cup sherry wine
1. Combine leftover pheasant with a few sprigs of thyme and parsley.
2. Add bay leaf, onion, carrots, cloves, celery leaves, salt, and peppercorns.
3. Cover with water or 1/2 water and 1/2 chicken broth.
4. Simmer for 2 hours, then strain broth. Cool meat and chop into smaller peices.
5. Add to broth sherry, onions, carrots and meat.
6. Serve with fresh bread and butter
As these fowl enjoy the sunlight on warm days, you can enjoy them in a pot of soup.
Created by NCR Holesome Delights